Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle's Old Haunt

A fan forum for all things about the TV show Castle!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4.06 DEMONS - Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink

4.06 DEMONS - Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 4.06 DEMONS - Discussion   4.06 DEMONS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:50 am

I though it was a GREAT episode. happy

There were some moments from Beckett that made me wonder if she was thinking about her mothers murder or herself laying on the grass after being shot?

(I'll go and see if I can find 'em on YouTube or make some screen caps. Keep me out of mischief for a bit! happy )

4.06 DEMONS - Discussion 406_dr11

4.06 DEMONS - Discussion 406_me11

4.06 DEMONS - Discussion 406_mu10
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Re: 4.06 DEMONS - Discussion   4.06 DEMONS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:51 pm

One of the things I notice is the subtle change in dynamics between Castle and Beckett this season as oppose to last. They are more comfortable in each other space and with each other.

Last year whenever Castle or Beckett when to visit the others home, they waited to be invited in before entering. This is not the case this season. We seen Castle literally barge into Beckett's apartment without waiting for her invitation twice. I see this simple act as indicating that they are becoming more comfortable with each other, and the professional walls (and the Josh hurdle) have banished while the more than friends are fortifying. They are becoming the others significant other. Marlowe gave an interview last year where he was asked about why we do not see that much of Caskett in each others house's. His response was that when it comes to crossing that threshold, i.e. entering the others apartment, it is something too significant in a relationship to not allow it is special significance.

I also notice how much Kate keeps looking at Castle during interviews. She glances at him and waits for him to say something. It doesn't matter what he says, she just smiles. There are fewer of the eye rolls from past seasons. Kate too has become comfortable with the physical contact with Castle. Kate's gasp when Castle accidentally touch her in the ass, I presume, was the gasp of a lady thrill by the physical touch of her partner. A little later as they were crawling through the crawl space, the way she asked Castle about touching her neck and giving her a massage was of a person that is use to the intimate touch of her partner. Iit did not bother her......

Overall great episode...
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4.06 DEMONS - Discussion   4.06 DEMONS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:44 pm

I personally thought the whole rat on the shoulder moment really... weird. Castle's fingers feel like rat claws? ooookay. And does anything gross this woman out???

But I have noticed that Becket is opening up a lot more with Castle.

And I agree with Tink about those moments when Beckett was definitely thinking of her mother. She might have been thinking of her shooting too now that you mention it but that didn't enter my mind during that scene. I guess I was focussed on the loved one part. But remembering every detail... yeah that would be pretty sweet if she was thinking of Castle's "I love you" at that moment. Was he thinking about it too? Wink

Over all, I really enjoyed this episode. Castle screaming like a little girl was hilarious. Every time I saw the preview it made me want to go watch the Supernatural episode Yellow Fever. I might have to youtube that now. So awesome.

And maybe I'm bad but I think his hand went somewhere other than her ass happy
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Re: 4.06 DEMONS - Discussion   4.06 DEMONS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:08 pm

fairytales wrote:
I personally thought the whole rat on the shoulder moment really... weird. Castle's fingers feel like rat claws? ooookay. And does anything gross this woman out???

But I have noticed that Becket is opening up a lot more with Castle.

And I agree with Tink about those moments when Beckett was definitely thinking of her mother. She might have been thinking of her shooting too now that you mention it but that didn't enter my mind during that scene. I guess I was focussed on the loved one part. But remembering every detail... yeah that would be pretty sweet if she was thinking of Castle's "I love you" at that moment. Was he thinking about it too? Wink

Over all, I really enjoyed this episode. Castle screaming like a little girl was hilarious. Every time I saw the preview it made me want to go watch the Supernatural episode Yellow Fever. I might have to youtube that now. So awesome.

And maybe I'm bad but I think his hand went somewhere other than her ass happy

Definitely one of the possibilities..... This episode was so much fun.... There are certain things that are unique to the whole Castle/Beckett dynamic, Coffee being one of them. In Castle, coffee is how these two often show their intimacy.

So in this episode when Castle told Beckett that her a cup of coffee was on her desk, he was telling her I know what you need and I already took care of it for you. Kate, however, is disappointed when she discovers that the two cups are empty, so she looks at Castle with "I thought you said you took care of it for me" disappointed look. You drank my coffee? I need my coffee Castle. Please make it for me.... Castle spots her, and he tells her not to worry he'll make it up to her... Just a little scene but nice.... Unfortunately Castle leaves with Ryan before making it up to her, and when we see Beckett's attempt to make herself a cup she fails miserably. She is not use to making her own cup of coffee anymore. Castle does that for her. He is the one she relies on even for the simple things.....
Back to top Go down
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink

PostSubject: Re: 4.06 DEMONS - Discussion   4.06 DEMONS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:28 pm

dstorm wrote:
Last year whenever Castle or Beckett when to visit the others home, they waited to be invited in before entering. This is not the case this season. We seen Castle literally barge into Beckett's apartment without waiting for her invitation twice. I see this simple act as indicating that they are becoming more comfortable with each other, and the professional walls (and the Josh hurdle) have banished while the more than friends are fortifying. They are becoming the others significant other. Marlowe gave an interview last year where he was asked about why we do not see that much of Caskett in each others house's. His response was that when it comes to crossing that threshold, i.e. entering the others apartment, it is something too significant in a relationship to not allow it is special significance.

I was only thinking about this the other week (when the promo pics came out for 407.) I remember Marlowe saying that. Every time Beckett or Castle have been to the other persons home it's been due to JB's case, apartment's being blown up...or just a quick in and out before going to an undercover party or event.

Now, Castle shows up with evidence that he just has to show Beckett (that's twice now, Castle. Yes. I am counting!) And it looks like Beckett's going to even up the score very soon! *wink*

Also, last season Castle had to deceive his way into getting Beckett to go and watch Forbidden Planet with him...the puppy dog eyes begging for candy and popcorn...and could they go to Remy's for a burger? This season...Beckett's taken him for a burger!

The boundaries are being slowly worn down.

I also think that Beckett is allowing herself to laugh at Castle this season. To allow herself to be happy. There's still the good natured ribbing and affectionate put downs (Katherine Beckett's no push over.) But there seems to be less...uhhh...malace is too strong a word...Beckett could be quite cutting/scathing in some of her fast retorts back at Castle in the past. She's not as fast to crack the whip of her tongue...she's mellowed a little and rather than (sit in the darkness refusing a nightlight) fight the humor off with another witty retort...she kinda let's the humor wash over her. She smiles. She laughs. If only Montgomery was around to see that he was right to keep Castle around. He saw how good he was for her...and I think she's beginning to see that and appreciate it for herself.

dstorm wrote:
So in this episode when Castle told Beckett that her a cup of coffee was on her desk, he was telling her I know what you need and I already took care of it for you. Kate, however, is disappointed when she discovers that the two cups are empty, so she looks at Castle with "I thought you said you took care of it for me" disappointed look. You drank my coffee? I need my coffee Castle. Please make it for me.... Castle spots her, and he tells her not to worry he'll make it up to her... Just a little scene but nice.... Unfortunately Castle leaves with Ryan before making it up to her, and when we see Beckett's attempt to make herself a cup she fails miserably. She is not use to making her own cup of coffee anymore. Castle does that for her. He is the one she relies on even for the simple things.....

That's because coffee is love/affection/support. No matter how hard you try you can't really make it for yourself.
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Re: 4.06 DEMONS - Discussion   4.06 DEMONS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:55 pm

TinkonBrink wrote:
I also think that Beckett is allowing herself to laugh at Castle this season. To allow herself to be happy. There's still the good natured ribbing and affectionate put downs (Katherine Beckett's no push over.) But there seems to be less...uhhh...malace is too strong a word...Beckett could be quite cutting/scathing in some of her fast retorts back at Castle in the past. She's not as fast to crack the whip of her tongue...she's mellowed a little and rather than (sit in the darkness refusing a nightlight) fight the humor off with another witty retort...she kinda let's the humor wash over her. She smiles. She laughs. If only Montgomery was around to see that he was right to keep Castle around. He saw how good he was for her...and I think she's beginning to see that and appreciate it for herself.

I agree with this. Both know there is something between them now, and they are allowing themselves to be happy. It is enough for them right now. What I expect next week and for the episode in two weeks is Beckett coming to terms that she needs more Castle in her life. She needs to realize that he is just as important to her than her mother's murder. These next four episodes are setting up for the second half of the season. There are so many things that are telegraphing what is going to happen between these two. Alexis' two conversations with Castle are hinting at things we will soon encounter with Caskett. Castle will realize that he can't just drop everything whenever Beckett Calls. Otherwise the relationship will not be a healthy one. There will also be many new hazards that will face by our dynamic duo, and how strongly each believes in them as a couple will determine how the season will conclude. If each believes strongly that the other is it for them and they want the relationship to work, the secrets that they are keeping from the other will not be strong enough to tear them apart. I see them facing them these hazards together rather than apart. They will be diving in together...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4.06 DEMONS - Discussion   4.06 DEMONS - Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4.06 DEMONS - Discussion
Page 1 of 1