Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle's Old Haunt

A fan forum for all things about the TV show Castle!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:36 pm

Great episode....

Wow. the scene after the bombing when Kate enters the bank.. She is calling out for Castle. He responds, and she sees that he is safe. The looks she gives him are EPIC. If Castle could not tell that she was in love with him, he is blind. She was so tender and just with her eyes, she was telling him I love you. The closing scene gives you a glimpse of the future if AM wants to go that way. They are together as a family having dinner, and they are bantering about how many time each has saved the other. Beautiful scene to a great episode....
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:34 pm

Another scene I forgot to mention is when Kate comes in as the EMS. Castle and Kate are looking at the guy who had the epileptic attack. Kate reaches and grabs Castle's hand. They exchange looks, and she promises him that she will get him out (recall the episode Punk last year.... remember what they said about true love). Well.... We have something similar here..
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm too annoyed over the "she's not my girlfriend" line from Castle. Was there a point to that? I mean obviously there was but that's not stopping me from being a little irritated. When he first said, my initial reaction was "heaven forbid he let a psycho believe they are together or that he could have feelings for her. Better take the time to straighten him out!" OK I guess maybe if the crazy bank blowing up safety deposit box robber thought she meant nothing to him, he might not kill Castle first but still... pfft that line after the blonde insurance agent irks me. That's all. Too soon people. Let my irritation cool before throwing out lines like this even if they do serve a purpose.

P.S. if they wanted my irritation to cool... there could have been a hug! Beckett is definitely looking a lot more in love this season than Castle is.

Cute ending though.

When Castle first nodded to the wife beater, I had a feeling the guy was in on it. The fourth man came out of nowhere (which by the way I loved that moment with Castle and I still laugh). I figured the guy tipped him off. And when he took too long to come back from the bathroom... I just had a feeling he had something to do with it. I was not shocked to learn he orchestrated it.

I am really disappointed Alexis wont be leaving for Stanford. Molly Quinn may do an awesome job with Alexis but with her out of the way... more time for Casket. That is all I am saying! Wink I know without Alexis, Castle wouldn't be the man that he is but sometimes... I just kinda wanna shove her out of the screen. It's probably another personal hang up of mine. Wink

And yes, I realize these thoughts are out of order. Or that I'm all over the place.

This was a dramatic episode but plenty of funny moments to keep the people whinging about lack of comedy happy. I hope.

Which by the way, I can't remember if it was mentioned on here or not but... why didn't last weeks episode play tonight? Tonight is Halloween... just wondering. Unless it is because of sweeps.
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: The vault scene   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXQM9zEZq_0&feature=feedu

fairytales.... What was Castle to do. If the bank robber thought that Castle and Kate were an item he would have used Castle as leverage. He already was using him on Kate, but just imagine if he got confirmation how much additional leverage he could have had. To your point... I love that Kate never challenge the robber when he referred to Castle as her boyfriend. It just shows how much things have change since the big ILY.

I really loved this episode.... BTW... When Kate asks Castle for drinks.. I thought wow Kate this is the second time you asked Castle out... You really are crazy in love with him
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:02 am

dstorm wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXQM9zEZq_0&feature=feedu

fairytales.... What was Castle to do. If the bank robber thought that Castle and Kate were an item he would have used Castle as leverage. He already was using him on Kate, but just imagine if he got confirmation how much additional leverage he could have had. To your point... I love that Kate never challenge the robber when he referred to Castle as her boyfriend. It just shows how much things have change since the big ILY.

I really loved this episode....

Yeah... I complained about the line but I also mentioned why I know they used it. Doesn't mean it didn't irritate me Razz
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: End scene....   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:08 am

Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:15 am

Fairytales,

know what you mean, but the scene at the vault was all kinds of win. Just the looks between them said everything that needed to be said. They're in love.
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Kate undercover (the hand holding)   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igFtAWxTrSs&feature=feedu

She didn't technically break him out of prison, but I will say she got him out. True love,

Last edited by dstorm on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:21 am

dstorm wrote:
Fairytales,

know what you mean, but the scene at the vault was all kinds of win. Just the looks between them said everything that needed to be said. They're in love.

That I will never question. Wink Well never is a strong word ... ::looks up at angry Network head honchos ready to ax all the love and happiness with more blonde insurance agents::
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:27 am

I SO loved this episode! I gotta say Stana Katic knocked it out the park! Not just the stuff with Nathan, but every scene. Kate's emotions were heightened (as they should be) and even in scenes not directly about Castle, you could see that Kate was working to stay emotionally calm, and that her thinking was on overdrive - in a good way.

I have to agree with Dstorm - Castle HAD to put the bank robber in check about the girlfriend thing. Castle knew he was being used to push Kate's buttons, and even though he's not technically Kate's boyfriend there's enough between them for Castle to know that it would work.

I love the Alexis stuff, actually. I don't want MORE of it per episode, but I find the level about right. For me it adds more color to the story, makes things more complex. Also, whatever is going on with her pretty much always comes back to tie in some element of Caskett. The continuity is something I enjoy also. From her wanting to goto Stanford because her boyfriend's there, to the scenes last week with her dad's talk about relationships, to her breakup because he just wasn't being there for her. This contrasts directly with Beckett and Castle's relationship where we've just seen just how "there" Beckett is for him. The little conversation at the end nails that in with the "who's saved each other's life more times. I thought that juxtaposion was pure brilliance.

I do think the focus is more on Kate's emotional life this season (at least thus far. After all, Castle's SAID the I love you....but, yeah, the Serena thing...it still feels like a writing misstep... However, even without that bit of slide back, there's also the fact that Castle is hiding something pretty darn big from Kate. As much as he wants that relationship, he's got his OWN reasons to not move it too fast. I hope they start bringing more of that aspect in. The theme this year is supposed to be "secrets" not "secret." It annoys me a bit that there's this perception that Kate's the only holdup in Caskett and she's the one "lying." They BOTH are.

Still, this episode makes my all-time favorite list! Happy
Back to top Go down
https://castlesoldhaunt.forumotion.com
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:30 am

dstorm wrote:
Fairytales,

4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion 2215087486

And the LOOK Castle gave Martha when she interrupted was priceless! happy
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:40 am

Beckstle wrote:
dstorm wrote:
Fairytales,

4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion 2215087486

And the LOOK Castle gave Martha when she interrupted was priceless! happy

Yes... But Martha did make it up in the end. I love how she welcomed Kate to the loft (the hug). It was Martha's llittle way of saying, come in future daughter in law and get a taste of your future family life.
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 am

Beckstle wrote:

I do think the focus is more on Kate's emotional life
this season (at least thus far. After all, Castle's SAID the I love you....but, yeah, the Serena thing...it still feels like a writing misstep... However, even without that bit of slide back, there's also the fact that Castle is hiding something pretty darn big from Kate. As much as he wants that relationship, he's got his OWN reasons to not move it too fast. I hope they start bringing more of that aspect in. The theme this year is supposed to be "secrets" not "secret." It annoys me a bit that there's this perception that Kate's the only holdup in Caskett and she's the one "lying." They BOTH are.

Still, this episode makes my all-time favorite list! Happy

Marlowe's interview with the Futon Critic confirmed that we are seeing this season more from kate's point of view. I love that she is being so free with her emotions. She is not hiding it anymore. She loves him. She might not say it, but it is there. I also believe you are onto something about Castle holding back in some way. I get the feeling that Castle knows how Kate feels, and he is giving her the space to come to the same conclusion that he already did. I do think we will see the secrets they both are keeping from each other play a more prominent role as we move forward in the season.
Back to top Go down
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 4:07 am

This is just a quick comment (before I run out to work)

I LOVED THIS EPISODE happy

Just loved it.

The way Beckett got hold of Castle's hand?
The way that she had to reach out and touch some part of him when they reunited. ( I bet she wanted to slide her hand down the side of his face...but she had to make do with rubbing non existent dust off his jacket lapel. Non existent dust Beckett? You are so busted!)

And I could just jump for joy at the end scene where Castle started to list all the times he'd saved Beckett's life. Thank you people! Thank you whoever is keeping score of these things or the person who went back and re watched all the episodes to work out how many times Beckett/Castle have saved the others life. I've said it once...I'll say it again CONTINUITY! Just because it happened in season two does not mean it gets lost in the ether of future story lines. I loved that as well! cheers
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 6:06 am

An observant fan notice something about the vault that I did not .... Kudos to this fan for their power of observation

Quote :
Just as Beckett deciphers that there is more to this robbery than what it appears to be, a harrowing explosion is set off in the bank, leaving Kate stunned and fearing the worst. While the bomb provides a cover for the robbers to escape, it also allows the cops to storm the bank to find the hostages all alive and well. As the Castle audience has come to know and love this writing team’s use of foreshadowing, I could not help but notice that Castle and the other hostages were found safely bound within the bank’s vault, in what resembled a jail cell. Kate did once say that she would be willing to break Castle out of prison, an unknowing sign of her love for him. When she opened those barred vault doors to rescue Castle, she certainly did seem to be breaking him out of prison. Yes, these truly are clever little writers..

Awesome pick up.....
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:58 am

dstorm wrote:
An observant fan notice something about the vault that I did not .... Kudos to this fan for their power of observation

Quote :
Just as Beckett deciphers that there is more to this robbery than what it appears to be, a harrowing explosion is set off in the bank, leaving Kate stunned and fearing the worst. While the bomb provides a cover for the robbers to escape, it also allows the cops to storm the bank to find the hostages all alive and well. As the Castle audience has come to know and love this writing team’s use of foreshadowing, I could not help but notice that Castle and the other hostages were found safely bound within the bank’s vault, in what resembled a jail cell. Kate did once say that she would be willing to break Castle out of prison, an unknowing sign of her love for him. When she opened those barred vault doors to rescue Castle, she certainly did seem to be breaking him out of prison. Yes, these truly are clever little writers..

Awesome pick up.....

Yeah, very awesome! Tink's comment about continuity applies here as well. They pay attention on SO many levels. Not just events, but subtext references - like this the bank vault reference.

On a different topic, I just wanna give a round of cheers for the case itselfcase itself. While I knew the guy who had the seizure was in on it as soon as he opened his mouth, I hadn't a clue about what "it" could be, nor did it occur to me that he was the mastermind. It reminded me of Knockout in the sense that while I knew Montgomery was gonna die (that was obvious), I did NOT expect it to go down the way it did. I saw that he was third man, but that last stand - I did NOT expect.

Another bit I loved about the C&P case was how the little mention of his son Conner came back to be the key to the whole thing. That was great! I mean the last thing on my mind was a domestic absue/custody case. (I was thinking mob and witness protection program. I know - cliche, should know better for a show like Castle.) I found the villian's character was sadly quite believable. There have been too many cases in the news of various men doing similar things. Kidnaping their kids after losing custody, killing their families because their financial life was destroyed. The idea behind that is women as children as a man's PROPERTY. It's a controlling, domineering personality that exhibits that extreme behavior under pressure. The abuser wanting to punish the person who got "the better" of them completely fits as well. It's why so many women are killed by husbands when they find out she attempted to (and sometimes has even received) an order of protection.)

Just wanted to put that out there, because while it was an awesome Casketty episode, I think having a solid well-done case is just as important. I think it heightens the Caskett stuff when the situation. They are in is also plausible and well done. cool
Back to top Go down
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Castle's life was in danger and Beckett got him out.

(Just been having a mooch around Twitter with some Castle peeps and it got me thinking...well, rethinking!...)

I was reading a fan fiction a little while ago (I'll try to find it...Lord only know what it was called? I read far FAR too much Castle fanfic! But I usually remember to pass it onto you in the fanfic recommendations thread Very Happy ) and it was dealing with the two secrets that Beckett & Castle are keeping from each other this season. Beckett tells Castle that she heard him say "I love you"...he is hurt but he forgives her. Castle says that he pulled her back from working on her mothers case but he's been working on it and Beckett pushes him away.

How typical of Beckett we all think! Always pushing people away...refusing a nightlight when she was a child...But Beckett is pushing Castle away because she sees the danger to him. She sees the danger that he's placed himself in...and just as he tamped down his own hopes of demolishing the Beckett Wall in "Rise" in favour or keeping Beckett alive...Beckett returns this gesture (she mirrors it...which I could see AWM going for!)

Beckett has to push Castle away to keep him safe for his daughter...to keep him safe for his mother...and to keep him safe for herself. Despite the fact that she has to distance herself from Castle (which is a hardship for her) she does it because keeping him alive and well is a priority. Castle has faced a scenario of what it would be like to loose Beckett and I think Cops & Robbers gave Beckett a taste of that feeling.

It makes me wonder if Cops & Robbers could be a bit of foreshadowing for something to come later in the season?
Beckett (despite being a big fat liar over not remembering) seems to be putting both feet into this relationship. The foot that was always halfway out the door? It's loitering in the hallway. Does she know how deep she's got herself? Coz if she's trying to batten down the emotional tells that she flat out loves Richard Castle...someone should tell her face. Her face loves him! The last time we saw this face was errr...let me think...

Oh yeah! I remember! Happy Beckett face was last seen (before S4) HERE AT ABOUT 6:30

That was when she last thought about giving her and Castle a shot. Her face says that she's thinking of giving it a very big shot at the moment!

Surely they wouldn't be so cruel as to have Beckett's bricks start to fall from the wall (leaving her heart exposed) only to have something happen to Castle?

Now I've made myself sad.
This is probably why I stopped thinking about this the first time around.

Wait. I'll have a dance to cheer myself up excited That's better.

Anyway just thought I'd put that out there...something else to think about in fabulous Season Four! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion   4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4.07 COPS & ROBBERS - Discussion
Page 1 of 1