Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle's Old Haunt

A fan forum for all things about the TV show Castle!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Empty
PostSubject: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 1:15 am

YES! THE SEASON THREE FINALE! WATCH AND SHARE!
Back to top Go down
https://castlesoldhaunt.forumotion.com
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:24 pm

37 minutes! bounce
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:55 pm

Happy

pssst how do I put avvies and signatures on?

A cop was in general lock up and lived long enough for Lockwood to kill him? Is that possible??? lol

:celebrates alone::

WHAT an intense episode!

GAH STOP WALING AWAY!!!!!!! I know they have to but darn it gets frustrating. Oh, I don't care... that scene is amazing and I'll be watching it on loop all summer.

::gets too worried about them pulling a Bones after that scene between Castle and his mother::

Last edited by fairytales on Mon May 16, 2011 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:37 pm

fairytales wrote:
Happy

pssst how do I put avvies and signatures on?

A cop was in general lock up and lived long enough for Lockwood to kill him? Is that possible??? lol

:celebrates alone::

WHAT an intense episode!
I KNOW!!! It's a hell of story. Do you think the third cop is Montgomery?
I think Avatars and sigs need t be activated.
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Yeah ... I figured that because I also believe he's the one to die. Also the betrayal thing kinda gives it away.
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:51 pm

Talk about shades of gray.
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:00 am

OMFLIPPINGWORD
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:02 am

OK so I kinda wondered if they were going to end it on "Is Becket going to die?" but since the bad guys kicked the bucket 10 minutes till the end I'd given up on that.

Like WOW. Who was left???

For a split second I thought, OMG this had better not be a dream. Thanks Bones.

But then... what was with the look on Castle's face? Are they pulling a Bones straight up? Are we going to find they faked her death to throw the last guy off the chase? I don't remember there being anymore loose ends though??? That look on his face went by so fast I couldn't catch it... it was right before they blacked the screen. I mean it'd be odd all the professions of love if she really wasn't shot but that look... what was that look??? 🤷

I wish I could have recorded it!
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:11 am

::gets down and begs:: Don't let Castle have another SO please. For the love of everything that is shippy.... he's declared it out loud. There's no going back dang it.

Oh what if they take it back? ::chews nails:: OMG WE JUST HEARD AN I LOVE YOU IN THE THIRD SEASON OF A SHOW!!!! ::just realized this:: What does that mean? It means they have too much time to screw it up right?

affraid

oops ... sorry about the triple posts... I'm off my rocker right now... Happy
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:16 am

WoW! OMG! Now THAT, is a FINALE!!!
castle

I think it's TOTALLY faked - and, unlike the show AM is always said to be ripping his story off from - I think Castle is COMPLETELY in on it! Which is why Beckett was SMILING. That and of course, Castle saying he loves her. romantic love I think we're going to see THAT relationship has CHANGED - for the better!

KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION 1357399748
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:21 am

Ah. OK. So I wasn't off my rocker about the look he gave her? Awesomeness. Good to know! I didn't notice her smiling... I was too busy dancing over the "I love yous".

And YES that was an AMAZING finale! tee heeeee Oh gosh I can't wait to see it again. Castle makes me squeeeeeeeeee!

But really? Was there a loose end? I missed that. I'm gonna have to rewatch.
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:41 am

fairytales wrote:
Ah. OK. So I wasn't off my rocker about the look he gave her? Awesomeness. Good to know! I didn't notice her smiling... I was too busy dancing over the "I love yous".

And YES that was an AMAZING finale! tee heeeee Oh gosh I can't wait to see it again. Castle makes me squeeeeeeeeee!

But really? Was there a loose end? I missed that. I'm gonna have to rewatch.
I'm pretty sure it's the mayor. Roy mentions the "loose end" at the helicopter standoff. It's the name he won't give her. However, what I am really loving is that
the mystery and the CB relationship are not MARRIED t o each other.

AM is NOT Shakespeare, not saying that, but the Bard "stole" his play ideas from other playwrights - he just executed them SO MUCH BETTER than the original.
With AM, I'd say his "linear thinking" ability is a HECK more developed than the showrunner of that show Castle is always compared to... Wink
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:50 am

Oh you're right ... the mayor! My mind has been reeling with shippy thoughts.

By the way, the font on here is really hard to read. It is so small. Maybe it is my browser... I also cant change avvie or anything.

Mystery and the CB relationship? I don't follow that... do you mean they're feelings for each other are pretty much on the table? No take backs can be made? Do you think they'll have Castle fall out of love with her? Or her him for that matter? I'm so paranoid... I just don't believe any TV couple in this day can survive without getting tangled up in the sins we see every day in reality of affairs etc etc :/
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:12 am

fairytales wrote:
Oh you're right ... the mayor! My mind has been reeling with shippy thoughts.

By the way, the font on here is really hard to read. It is so small. Maybe it is my browser... I also cant change avvie or anything.

Mystery and the CB relationship? I don't follow that... do you mean they're feelings for each other are pretty much on the table? No take backs can be made? Do you think they'll have Castle fall out of love with her? Or her him for that matter? I'm so paranoid... I just don't believe any TV couple in this day can survive without getting tangled up in the sins we see every day in reality of affairs etc etc :/
Thanks for the font feedback; I'll work on that in the AM, and the Avatars. I just need to have them loaded in.

Here's what I see as being different. I see Castle and Beckett have been getting closer throught work, but their relationship isn't what drives the mystery of Beckett's mother's death. In that other show, everything is driven and motivated by the relationship. Castle has TWO stories going on (more than that really, but for a different discussion) The mystery of Beckett's mom's murder is the car. Beckett and Castle are the passengers in the car, completely separate from, and yet are within the car. On that other show the main couple are the car and the passengers - like Herbie the love bug. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:19 am

I think I followed that Very Happy

At any rate, I can't wait to see where this goes. Tonight's episode was amazing. I really really hope they dont pull something stupid to cheapen the relationship. OK that is that last time I am thinking that. I am tucking it into a vault and not letting that other show and that other show which have both been on Fox make me a paranoid pessimist over everything.

::locks it in a box::

I do it again, slap me.
Back to top Go down
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:46 am

affraid

Okay, I've just finished watching Knockout.
Phew! *takes a drink of water*

Wow! That was GOOD!
I think that Montgomery sent Beckett the files out of his safe. I also think the handwritten note he included detailed his arrangements for Beckett to disappear off the radar for a while. So, I'm in the 'faked shooting' camp.
The speculation comes after this point. Does Castle get to know that it's all a ploy?
(Is it wrong that I think Castle should "retreat to his Hamptons pad' with the shock/grief and finally take Beckett there for the summer? No one would know... KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION 2338758748 )

Anywayz, I'll have to go back to bed to try to sleep Sleep after THAT finale, it ain't gonna be easy!
(maybe I'll just go and watch the ending again... innocent1 )

Also...no really...I'll go to bed after this...if that WAS a trained sniper/killer then he's one heck of a bad shot! A clear field of vision and it looks like she's hit in the lower abdomen. If the Big Nasty can organise hits, helicopters and has cops in his pocket surely he could organise a killer that goes for the head shot? It's fake I tell you! Fake!
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 2:31 am

The killer also signaled... well kinda... I mean what trained killer would be crazy enough to have some kind of reflective thing give them away? I was wondering if that wasn't a set up too? I don't know who they'd get to "shoot" her though. Heck, maybe Montgomery isn't dead either. After all, what chief would let Castle work with Beckett?

OK my mind is running in a bunch of different directions now. I know Montgomery is gone. It'd be cruel to put his family through that and I don't think it's that kind of show. EDIT: ::forgot about family scene too as I just saw the ending scene again on youtube::

I dunno, when I originally saw this I thought Castle was in on it... assuming it is a fake death. The whole "finding someone to stand by you" being a nod to the fact that he was going to be the one to stand by her during this set up/fake death. But no one but Kate could hear his whispered words so why bother with all that? So either he wasn't in on it and figured it out there at the end when the blood didn't really smell like blood... or we missed a heck of a scene between them earlier when they were planning this. Or there's another reason for that look he gives. I'm kinda starting to doubt it was fake and if it wasn't she'd better remember what he said Razz

Hmmm DID Montgomery send Beckett those papers? He said he wouldn't give her the name because she'd run straight to him and get herself killed. Those papers would point to the mayor, right? Sooo if they don't have the papers, how and why would they fake her death?

Regardless, I am sure next season will open with her faked death... I'm just not so sure the shot was faked now. Unless the person Montgomery sent the files too was helping out... ::runs in circles::
Back to top Go down
KateandRick

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Just read an interview with Andrew Marlowe over at TVFanatic and from what I could make out, I don't think it's a 'faked shooting'. Also form what he says, I think Montgomery sent the documents to Castle so that he could protect Beckett from this new mystery man.

With that said:

What a great episode, it just made Castle my favorite series at the moment!
Back to top Go down
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:12 pm

@KateandRick

I've been thinking about the files Montgomery sent...and I've changed my earlier opinion (that he sent them to Beckett) I agree with you...I'm now thinking he sent them to Castle.

It'd make an interesting 'withholding' scenario in S4. With Castle in possession of the files and information (and also fearing letting Beckett fall back down the rabbit hole) does he tell Beckett? How much information does her tell her? When? I think Beckett will feign semi-unconsciousness prevented her from taking in Castle's "I love you"...when all the time she knows what he said.

This would be two 'plot bombs' waiting to drop within the S4 narrative. Two secrets withheld. One secret of knowledge and one of emotion. Both are bound together...
Knowledge: Castle does not want to tell Beckett about Montgomery's files because her loves her, he does not want history to repeat itself. Castle also said Beckett was afraid of walking away/closing her mothers case as it defines so much of her life/what drives her. He would hold the information that could start the ball rolling again...but does he start the dominoes falling again or does he just let it stand?
Emotion: If Beckett heard Castle's "I love you" and yet chooses to pretend otherwise (all that blood loss affected her hearing.) She would hold the cards on the emotional front. She knows that Castle loves her. That is a HUGE thing. The ball is now in her court. Does she topple the first domino in the relationship line?
'Corse the trick with these two 'plot bombs'...what happens if they collide together at the same time?
Uh-oh!
I'm sure Beckett would be angry at Castle for keeping information from her...and I'm sure that Castle wouldn't like to think that he poured out his feelings, was heard and not acknowledged.
Yup, I'm pretty sure we wont need the SO plot lines to mix up next seasons plots...there's some downright messy stuff to be dealt with all around... cheers
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Oh, yeah, it'd make sense that Castle had the files.

Happy For no SO plotlines!

And I must have watched that ending scene a million times already. The look on his face is still quite puzzling... maybe they picked a bad moment to cut the camera?
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:19 pm

fairytales wrote:
Oh, yeah, it'd make sense that Castle had the files.

Happy For no SO plotlines!

And I must have watched that ending scene a million times already. The look on his face is still quite puzzling... maybe they picked a bad moment to cut the camera?
WOW, lots to think about. I haven't read any interviews or feedback yet. Gonna do some hunting and posting. Wink
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:49 pm

Yeah I shouldn't have re-watched... then I would have stayed in the land of "I know what they did and what's going to happen" but now I"m like... uuuuh maybe that bullet was real and what if Castle wont know she's alive? If he has the papers, they might have a need for him to know to pull it off/set up a trap or perhaps not. With her dead, Castle would use the papers. Him in on her faking her death, well Castle could still use the papers! Assuming Castle has the papers. Someone in the FBI could have them for all we know and they just want us to think he has the papers. I'm sure it is Castle though. <3

And right now I am on the fence of whether or not I'd want Castle to know that she's alive. lol.

So many possibilities with squuueeeelicious opportunities for both scenarios! OK the one where he knows probably doesn't involve a bed in the Hamptons but what do I know? If someone asked me if he'd be saying "I love you" this season I'd look at them like they'd grown two heads. Crime shows do not usually do that to my knowledge Razz Granted, she'll probably have no memory of it if the shooting wasn't faked, which I'm pretty sure now it wasn't. GAH.

I hate cliffhangers. This wondering will drive me insane all summer.
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 4:40 pm

@fairytales - at least it's all GOOD wondering! It is nice to be looking forward to a new season with excitement, curiosity, and happiness - as opposed to apprehension, discouragement, and dread. Razz
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 4:48 pm

OH heck yeah! hehehehe I did complain about there being a cliffhanger I suppose though I guess I shouldn't be but I'm doing it with a huge smile on my face and a bit of dancing! happy

Back to top Go down
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Damn you Castle Finale!

Just when I land upon one scenario...and make up my mind...I go back and watch the finale again and change my mind! Shocked

Is Beckett shot for real?
Was it all a set up?
Lockwood & Montgomery's last exchange is interesting.
Lockwood says to Montgomery: "You can't hide her from us, from me...I'm just gonna kill her anyway."
Montgomery replies: "No you're not...and HE'S not. I SAW to that..."
Well, Montgomery did see to Lockwood. He's dead on the floor of the hanger...no killing for him.
What did Montgomery do to stop "HIM"...what did he SEE to?
The elusive puppet master seems to have connections, cops and money at his disposal. Montgomery's reach couldn't extend THAT far to ensure Beckett's safety. The only option open to him to keep Beckett safe would be to take the target off the table...

I'm going to watch Knockout again...no doubt I'll have changed my mind again after the 3rd viewing! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION   KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KNOCKOUT! - DISCUSSION
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next