Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle's Old Haunt

A fan forum for all things about the TV show Castle!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4x01 "RISE" Spoilers

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink

4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:37 pm

I would comment on the Sneak Peeks...

...except shock shock shock shock shock shock is preventing much coherent thought!

I'm wondering if the heart monitors and defibrillator paddles are accurate portrayals of medical equipment or product placement? I might need both watching Rise! shock
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Every time I hear the heart monitor flatline I think of Castle writing the rest of the Nikki Heat novels in Becketts memory pouring every bit of love he had for her into those pages ... and the final episode being him putting down his pen and moving on.

Perhaps I need to get back into writing fanfiction. This is idea is killing me here. Giving me heart palpation. Maybe it is karma... after all I laughed at the people watching Lost... or was it Survivor? When it turned out everyone was dead.
Back to top Go down
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:25 pm

Another Rise preview from Wetpaint:

Dying (pun not intended) for Castle’s season premiere? We got our hands on the first Season 4 episode, “Rise" a little early and we’re overjoyed to spill all the goods about September 19’s epic eppy. Well, not all of them, because well, that’s just no fun!

Let’s start by saying “Rise” definitely rose to the occasion. All bets are off this episode. There’s blood! There’s guns! There’s family drama! And there’s one big, bad boss lady!

Here’s the breakdown. Warning: MEGA SPOILERS AHEAD!

Read the entire thing HERE

Will I really need tissues as well?
Should I start a check list?
Tissues...4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Sad0116
Defibrilator...4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Heartbreaking
Back to top Go down
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:34 pm

TV Overmind weighs in on the previews as well...

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/abc/castle/castle-8-401-rise/90549

THREE MONTHS!
What is this? Payback for the Hamptons? Wink
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:37 am

TinkonBrink wrote:

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/abc/castle/castl happy e-8-401-rise/90549

THREE MONTHS!
happy
No, I think it's just part of keeping the show in real time. However, unlike Castle, I can see why Beckett would keep out of contact. Recovering from a gunshot wound of that magnitude isn't pretty. My aunt had a VALVE replaced in her heart and the rehab was exhausting. She was frail, couldn't walk by herself, couldn't BREATHE on her own for a while. She had to do these painful breathing excerises that made her cough and she had to hold a special teddybear against her chest to soften the pressure and protect the stitching. Can you see Beckett letting Castle witness that? FanFiction has that all They time - and I love it. Wink However, that's NOT the relationship they have. That scene when Castle drags her away from Montgomery - that is the the MOST vulnerable Beckett has EVER been with Castle. Plus, if she heard Castle's words, and knows that she feels the same way....no way does she want Castle to see her going through her recovery. Those things make the stakes even higher for her.

I gotta say...Wetpaint, really? The only thing missing was more humor? Shocked Did you SEE the finale? This is not an episode to be played for laughs. Marlowe keeps things real, and in a situation this tense, people aren't laughing. Castle does great humorous bits and episodes with scenes that are laugh out loud funny, but when it comes to Beckett's mom's murder and all that surrounds it, Marlowe gives it the respect it deserves. If they want a show where everything's got to be funny, they can go preview Bones or something. This is CASTLE.
Back to top Go down
https://castlesoldhaunt.forumotion.com
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:53 am

Beckstle wrote:
TinkonBrink wrote:

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/abc/castle/castl happy e-8-401-rise/90549

THREE MONTHS!
happy
No, I think it's just part of keeping the show in real time. However, unlike Castle, I can see why Beckett would keep out of contact. Recovering from a gunshot wound of that magnitude isn't pretty. My aunt had a VALVE replaced in her heart and the rehab was exhausting. She was frail, couldn't walk by herself, couldn't BREATHE on her own for a while. She had to do these painful breathing excerises that made her cough and she had to hold a special teddybear against her chest to soften the pressure and protect the stitching. Can you see Beckett letting Castle witness that? FanFiction has that all They time - and I love it. Wink However, that's NOT the relationship they have. That scene when Castle drags her away from Montgomery - that is the the MOST vulnerable Beckett has EVER been with Castle. Plus, if she heard Castle's words, and knows that she feels the same way....no way does she want Castle to see her going through her recovery. Those things make the stakes even higher for her.

I gotta say...Wetpaint, really? The only thing missing was more humor? Shocked Did you SEE the finale? This is not an episode to be played for laughs. Marlowe keeps things real, and in a situation this tense, people aren't laughing. Castle does great humorous bits and episodes with scenes that are laugh out loud funny, but when it comes to Beckett's mom's murder and all that surrounds it, Marlowe gives it the respect it deserves. If they want a show where everything's got to be funny, they can go preview Bones or something. This is CASTLE.

happy happy happy happy
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:33 am

We kind of know this already....
http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/spoiler_chat_get_scoop_on_greys_anatomy/263249

I gotta say...I'm getting REALLY tired of the media saying the premiere is so 'serious' - as if this is a bad thing. Mad
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:08 am

I didn't know Castle was such a comedy... I must not have a good sense of humor Razz
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Nathan kind of spills the premiere and the dynamic for the season   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:10 pm

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/09/16/nathan-fillion-interview-castle-season-4

Quote :
ut the season premiere really sets up this season's big hurdle ...
Yes. What we have now is, Beckett has gotten so close to solving her mother's murder that she understands now that she can't be a complete person without putting this to rest. She can't give herself over to a feeling without resolving another feeling. So here is Castle, pushing and pushing and pushing this investigation. It's killed Montgomery, it's almost killed Beckett, and then he gets a phone call that says, "We will kill Beckett if she keeps pushing." So now he's in a position where he has to basically try to pull her away from an investigation that, if she were to solve it, she's saying, "I'd be available. I'd be yours. I'd be open to something." And he's the one who has to say no, because he sees the danger of it.

What this tells me is that the SO saga is done, and the new hurdle is the murder of Beckett's mom. They both want to be together, but each has a different reason for straying apart. Castle wants Beckett to let got of her quest to solve her mom's murder because if she does not she will die. Beckett knows that unless she solves her mom's murder she could never give herself fully to the man she loves, so she has to solve her mom's murder to experience love with Castle. Wow. This is a hurdle which I can live with for another season. happy
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:38 pm

dstorm wrote:
http://www.aoltv.com/2011/09/16/nathan-fillion-interview-castle-season-4

Quote :
ut the season premiere really sets up this season's big hurdle ...
Yes. What we have now is, Beckett has gotten so close to solving her mother's murder that she understands now that she can't be a complete person without putting this to rest. She can't give herself over to a feeling without resolving another feeling. So here is Castle, pushing and pushing and pushing this investigation. It's killed Montgomery, it's almost killed Beckett, and then he gets a phone call that says, "We will kill Beckett if she keeps pushing." So now he's in a position where he has to basically try to pull her away from an investigation that, if she were to solve it, she's saying, "I'd be available. I'd be yours. I'd be open to something." And he's the one who has to say no, because he sees the danger of it.

What this tells me is that the SO saga is done, and the new hurdle is the murder of Beckett's mom. They both want to be together, but each has a different reason for straying apart. Castle wants Beckett to let got of her quest to solve her mom's murder because if she does not she will die. Beckett knows that unless she solves her mom's murder she could never give herself fully to the man she loves, so she has to solve her mom's murder to experience love with Castle. Wow. This is a hurdle which I can live with for another season. happy

Yeah, I called that he would be putting on the brakes. Very Happy. HOWEVER, I hope you commented on Nathan's idea for the season four finale. He's really awful about the two actually getting together and likes to push the the "playboy" aspect of Castle - even though Marlowe has been writing away from it. Nathan, I think, has enough star power to push his ideas a bit, so I think when he says crap that that fans really need to push back! I mean his idea is not only just gimmicky, but it is SO anti-relationship and shallow. Somewhat fratboy for a guy who's 40 years old. Mad
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 8:34 pm

I've read Nathan's comments, but I did not put too much weight on them. Nathan gave an interview last year where he basically said that Marlowe politely listens to his ideas and them dismisses them. Nathan himself has said his ideas are terrible and he just rather leave it to the creative team to figure out the story because they know what they are doing.

If I can find the video, I'll post it, I think it was during the Paley Center event in 2010.
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Reading some of the spoilers again, this season is about secrets. One of the secrets we are going to be privy to at the conclusion of this episode is that we will know Beckett did hear Castle's declaration of love. What I think is going to happen is that Beckett will pretend ignorance to Castle during the scene at the swings, but we audience will see and hear that as Castle walks away Beckett will admit that she knows. We will also hear from her in this scene her own declaration of her love for him. I'm betting that she will say something like "I love you too, and as soon as I solve my mother's murder we will be together". For us fans, this will be both hopeful and frustrating. Hopeful in the sense that Caskett have said that they love each other, but frustrating in that they can not be immediately happy.
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:05 pm

dstorm wrote:
I've read Nathan's comments, but I did not put too much weight on them. Nathan gave an interview last year where he basically said that Marlowe politely listens to his ideas and them dismisses them. Nathan himself has said his ideas are terrible and he just rather leave it to the creative team to figure out the story because they know what they are doing.

If I can find the video, I'll post it, I think it was during the Paley Center event in 2010.
That was LAST year, before geek god, and before 100,000 followers on twitter. More importantly, TPTB - unlike some other shows, pay attention to fans reactions. Case-in-point, when all the spoilers were going on about Castle's new "lust" interest, the level of negative fan reaction was enough to have Terri and Marlowe get on twitter to negate the idea. There also was a significant pull back in that spoiler story and how it's being spinned. Like, they are now emphasizing that she's only been booked for one episode. Some of the stuff thrown out there, I think, is to test the fan temperature, to see how far they can push and what would be tolerated. Right now the writers ARE probably looking at this year's trajectory, and letting comments like Nathan's slide by is like saying, yeah, as a fan I'd be okay with that. Personally, an ending like that would be more than enough for me to drop the show.

Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Okay guys, this is an early review of Rise. While, yes, this IS the spoiler section, I feel the need to to warn you that while it's not overly specific, it contains MAJOR spoilers about the premiere as well as the direction of the show this year. Read at your own risk! shock

http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/castle-season-premiere-review/
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:28 pm

::is trying very hard to refrain::: lol only one more day to go.... weeee
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:51 pm

First spoiler from the Canadian early viewers.... Bye Bye Josh. Beckett goes to the book signing, and this is where they first meet after 3 month's.
Back to top Go down
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:53 pm

The swing scene is in the middle of the episode where Beckett tells him she ended things with Josh. She tells him she can not be in a relationship until her mother's murder is solved.

I called this scene out, but I thought it was going to be near the end.....

She remembers everything.... she tells her therapist....YES.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4x01 "RISE" Spoilers   4x01 "RISE" Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4x01 "RISE" Spoilers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2