Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle's Old Haunt

A fan forum for all things about the TV show Castle!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION Empty
PostSubject: 4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION   4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:53 pm

So, guys - what'd we think? Smile
Back to top Go down
https://castlesoldhaunt.forumotion.com
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION   4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:25 am

Oh man this season is DRIVING home the point of true love and foreverness. The look Beckett was giving Castle at the end? His, dare I say, hopeful attitude? EPIC.
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION   4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:40 am

I loved the overall intimacy level between C&B throughout the whole episode. Although, Beckett joking about the breast implants was interesting on alot of levels. One, it's a joke that draws his attention to her chest, and twoo, it's the kind of joke a woman can make ONLY if she thinks the guy is already into her. Let's face it, if Beckett were unsure about Castle's feelings for her, she wouldn't be okay with the joke. She wouldn't risk him suggesting that maybe she should. Stana is definitely playing Kate as being in love with Castle, but not acting on it.

I also loved the whole thruline of Alexis having to deal with rejection and the lessons of STRENGTH she gets from her father. I love the multil-layered writing on this show! Happy

....and now, I must goto bed. Early day tomorrow. Looking forward to waking up and reading everyone's thoughts on HEADCASE! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink

PostSubject: Re: 4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION   4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:24 am

Another great episode.

More serious than last weeks "the things we do for love" (and slightly darker, straddling the gap between last weeks lighter episode and the prospect of next weeks offering.)

I liked the way the motive for the murder cycled through all the negative aspects: killed for his research, killed to change a grade, killed to cover up a secret...then at the end? It turned out that the wrong thing was done for the right reason. Love motivated the murderer. That entire interrogation room scene with the wife cheers and Beckett's reaction throughout cheers

I also found it interesting that the wife had "killed" her husband with the prospect of preserving their forever. A negative action now...with hope for a positive action in the future. Rather like Beckett, who lies to Castle now...in the hope that they'll have their future together, that they'll have their forever ("always")

The scene where Beckett found Cynthia Hamilton dead, clutching the photo of herself & her husband? Had to bring back memories of her mothers death (and how her father nearly followed her mother...drinking himself into oblivion)

Last week "Heroes & Villains" brought us a lighter episode and a lighter view of love. This week it was the dark side of love mixed with loving longest even when all hope seems to be gone.

(I'll be back when I've watched it again...rather than at half four in the morning!)
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION   4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:28 pm

TinkonBrink wrote:
Another great episode.

More serious than last weeks "the things we do for love" (and slightly darker, straddling the gap between last weeks lighter episode and the prospect of next weeks offering.)

I liked the way the motive for the murder cycled through all the negative aspects: killed for his research, killed to change a grade, killed to cover up a secret...then at the end? It turned out that the wrong thing was done for the right reason. Love motivated the murderer. That entire interrogation room scene with the wife cheers and Beckett's reaction throughout cheers

I also found it interesting that the wife had "killed" her husband with the prospect of preserving their forever. A negative action now...with hope for a positive action in the future. Rather like Beckett, who lies to Castle now...in the hope that they'll have their future together, that they'll have their forever ("always")

The scene where Beckett found Cynthia Hamilton dead, clutching the photo of herself & her husband? Had to bring back memories of her mothers death (and how her father nearly followed her mother...drinking himself into oblivion)

Last week "Heroes & Villains" brought us a lighter episode and a lighter view of love. This week it was the dark side of love mixed with loving longest even when all hope seems to be gone.

(I'll be back when I've watched it again...rather than at half four in the morning!)
GREAT points, Tink. I felt like it mirroring them also, but you nailed the specifics of it. You really illuminated why Beckett's reaction to the womam is so understanding. BRAVO! cheers
Back to top Go down
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink

PostSubject: Re: 4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION   4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:04 pm

love Thanx me little Beckstle buddy!

It's nice to have something to get my teeth into so the brain does not turn to tapioca! happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION   4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4.03 HEADCASE - DISCUSSION
Page 1 of 1