Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle's Old Haunt

A fan forum for all things about the TV show Castle!

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in

4.12 "DIAL M FOR MAYOR" - discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

4.12 "DIAL M FOR MAYOR" - discussion Empty
PostSubject: 4.12 "DIAL M FOR MAYOR" - discussion   4.12 "DIAL M FOR MAYOR" - discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:22 pm

Caught the early viewing of the episode, and it is a good one. In a way, it starts similar to Sucker punch and then takes an unexpected turn. It does touch upon Johanna's Murder and the conspiracy behind it. For her first Castle episode, Chrsitine Boylan appears to have the chops to carry on Will Beall's foot steps. You are definitively going to enjoy it.

Last edited by Beckstle on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:53 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Title fix)
Back to top Go down
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink

PostSubject: Re: 4.12 "DIAL M FOR MAYOR" - discussion   4.12 "DIAL M FOR MAYOR" - discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:58 am

Thus beginneth the Castle S4 Chess game (for those of you keeping up with the forthcoming episode titles in the Spoilers...I'll give a little *cough* nothing more!)

This was another great episode. The clandestine phone calls between Castle & his 'Deep Throat' and the beautifully back lit meetings in dark car parks (complete with metaphor and ambiguous dialogue) made me think of the good ol' days of The X Files!

It IS clear that this thing with Johanna Beckett's case (at the very least) reaches the level of Governor.

Nathan Fillion did a particularly fantastic job in this episode (worth a nod after all the attention Stana Katic has RIGHTLY received after episodes like Kill Shot.) Castle's concern for Beckett after the phone call with 'Deep Throat' was palpable and very touching.

Castle called Beckett "Kate" and she called him "Rick" Awwwww! Don't think she's ever called him "Rick" when it hasn't been either a) Meant to infuriate b) In the middle of an argument or c) Murmured through a haze of tears outside an aircraft hanger! It was 'Kate & Rick' having a conversation about what 'Beckett & Castle' should/have to do.

(Can I also add that if Alexis decides to fill in her time as an intern can she stay away from all LAW firms, ANYONE in politics and the POLICE service. Yeesh! I'm already worried over Beckett & Castle in all of this dark puppet master's chess game...don't want to be worried over little Castle as well!)
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4.12 "DIAL M FOR MAYOR" - discussion   4.12 "DIAL M FOR MAYOR" - discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:24 am

I overall liked this episode. I was REALLY happy that they dealt with the conspiracy and wasn't expecting it to, so that was nice. Dial M for and really needed. The episode explained why no one has bothered Castle until now - they had no reason to. The whole Castle as pawn thing was great - loving the levels of chess metaphors! It totally speaks to the fact that there IS a deeper level of play going on in Castle. Also the way they chose to keep Castle in place is interesting. It was such a roundabout way to do it, It said to me how CAREFUL w this dragon works to keep his/her hands clean. You'd think someone with that kind of power could just pull some strings to keep Castle in place. However, those strings would tie back to the dragon and look suscious: why would someone WANT Castle to stay at the precient? The way this was done created no DIRECT, provable links, and just looks like the indugence of a rich guy's fancy. It's very much like the way her mom's murder appeared random, and even when it was realized not to be, the actual killers of her mom couldn't be traced back to who ordered the hit.

I also liked that it really wasn't a "sex scandal" case, and that the mayor isn't in on the conspiracy. When it was advertised the idea of some politician being set up or caught in a phone sex sting seemed so mundane. How the phone sex angle was used was alot more interesting than some guy being caught with his pants down and trying to hide his behavior from the public.

However, the fact that the person described was cauciasan and the the mayor was African-American did stand out. Sure, it's possible the killer just wasn't seen but it still was a long-shot connection. I wasn't sure which person around the mayor was responsible, but knew it wasn't the Mayor. I suppose it was political to make sure it didn't look like they were favoring the Mayor, but it still seemed off for Beckett to be focused on him. The only thing that makes sense is that she was trying so hard NOT to be bias because of Castle that she ends up being bias in the other direction. With the pressure by Gates (and I loved that scene) this does make sense. I'll have to watch it again to be sure, but it's STILL strange that once it became clear that the person seen following the victim around is Caucasian and that the Mayor is African-American, no one mentions it as a reason th back off the Mayor a bit. Not that she would of, I do think she was bent over backwards to be sure she WASN'T biased

I didn't mind that blip in the case so much because it raised some issues that had to be of concern to Beckett - like would Castle ever want her to not be a cop. For me, the Caskett stuff was there in the sense that SOMETHING has changed. We don't know what happened at that wedding, but Beckett is now privately referring to Castle as Rick. She's listening to him more, and even when they argued it was...different. She's not completely blowing up or shutting him out. Stana & Nathan, at least to me, seem to have shifted the characters' dynamic to something more intimate. No, NOT lovers, just as if there's been another conversation about their relationship...and maybe a slow dance or two. Like, I could see how important it was for Beckett to hear Castle say he would never ask her to stop being a cop for him. That whole exchanged felt loaded. I'm curious to see what other new layers are revealed.

Oh, and I'll just mention again - I am enjoying the relationship developing between Gates and Beckett. Even the way Beckett questioned Gates meaning during that office scene showed a certain comfort level. It's the first time the "Sir" didn't seem awkward. The whole scene was really good.
Back to top Go down
https://castlesoldhaunt.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4.12 "DIAL M FOR MAYOR" - discussion   4.12 "DIAL M FOR MAYOR" - discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4.12 "DIAL M FOR MAYOR" - discussion
Page 1 of 1