Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle's Old Haunt

A fan forum for all things about the TV show Castle!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4.15 PANDORA - discussion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

4.15 PANDORA - discussion Empty
PostSubject: 4.15 PANDORA - discussion   4.15 PANDORA - discussion Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:25 am

So, guys, what did you think? Worth the hype? flower
Back to top Go down
https://castlesoldhaunt.forumotion.com
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4.15 PANDORA - discussion   4.15 PANDORA - discussion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 1:40 pm

I have one question... when was the last time Beckett solved anything significant that either led to an arrest or solved a case? And I do not count the shoe from Blue Butterfly.
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4.15 PANDORA - discussion   4.15 PANDORA - discussion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:53 pm

fairytales wrote:
I have one question... when was the last time Beckett solved anything significant that either led to an arrest or solved a case? And I do not count the shoe from Blue Butterfly.
Hmmm....I don't really think of it like that...I think she breaks open the case in Dial M For Murder. What about Pandora made you ask that? The code thing? Code breaking has pretty much always been Castle's thing.

I liked Pandora alot, but also I took into account that it was half of a two-parter. So some stuff was about setting up part two. I loved the Alexis internship and I could see why Castle was worried. That gravevine effect is no joke! Very Happy. Jury is still out on Sophia, although I love Jennifer Beals portrayal. It did make me want to know more about their history. The similarities in behavior make me want to know what is DIFFERENT about him and Beckett. The one thing that got me was the guy getting out of the car. It just seemed dumb. Why didn't he just make them drive off. I suppose you could say he panicked, but it did seem off. I liked the Linchpin idea! I actually want to google it, because it sounds like it could be a real theory. Very Happy
Caskett-wise, I liked that Kate talked about her feelings with Castle in the car and was willing to ask the question about his involvement while waiting at the pier. PANDORA definitely made it imperative for me to watch next week, which is what the first half of a two-parter should do. Overall I really enjoyed it. I have a feeling once I see Linchpin (2nd half) I'll enjoy Pandora even more. It's hard to judge completely when an episode is really only half the story.
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4.15 PANDORA - discussion   4.15 PANDORA - discussion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Several things this season have me thinking about that. The diary in Blue Butterfly for starters but I ranted about that in the episode discussion over there.

Yes, codes have been Castle's thing but it's not only that. The scene with the meaning of Pandora and the brief case in the trunk grated on my nerves. It's just little things I'm noticing lately... :/ was wondering if anyone else was noticing them too but maybe it is just me.

The part with Alexis in the morgue ... omgosh I think that was hands down my favorite Alexis moment. Ever.

I'm still out on whether or not I enjoyed this episode. Jealous Beckett again makes an appearance but yes, at least she was talking about it instead of just being jealous. It seemed to serve more of a purpose here so that was good.

OH right I did have another question. Castle and CIA lady finishing each other's sentences. Isn't that a Caskett thing? Or has he done that with other people? And if it is a Caskett thing... does that make what Beckett and Castle do less special to you?
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4.15 PANDORA - discussion   4.15 PANDORA - discussion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:44 pm

It definitely was jarring - as I think it was meant to be. However, Tink, oh organized one, you can tell me if I'm remembering right, I believe the same thing happened with Agent Shaw in season two.

It does kind of show that Castle gets in synch with really smart women when it comes to this kind of thing. So yes, it's not just Beckett. It does also mean that he IS in synch with Beckett. That doesn't change. Now, it might change things a bit for Beckett, which is why I'm really interested in part two. Castle is going to have to make a case about why Beckett is different than whatever he had with Sophia. I want to hear what he has to say. I'm thinking that Marlowe somehow wants to show how Castle has changed, so that there has to be something that stands out with Beckett. In otherwords it's Marlowe going, "look, 12 years ago Rick was in a similar situation, but yet with Beckett, X, Y, & Z are different. This is how he changed, this is why Caskett is special."
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4.15 PANDORA - discussion   4.15 PANDORA - discussion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Beckstle wrote:
It definitely was jarring - as I think it was meant to be. However, Tink, oh organized one, you can tell me if I'm remembering right, I believe the same thing happened with Agent Shaw in season two.

It does kind of show that Castle gets in synch with really smart women when it comes to this kind of thing. So yes, it's not just Beckett. It does also mean that he IS in synch with Beckett. That doesn't change. Now, it might change things a bit for Beckett, which is why I'm really interested in part two. Castle is going to have to make a case about why Beckett is different than whatever he had with Sophia. I want to hear what he has to say. I'm thinking that Marlowe somehow wants to show how Castle has changed, so that there has to be something that stands out with Beckett. In otherwords it's Marlowe going, "look, 12 years ago Rick was in a similar situation, but yet with Beckett, X, Y, & Z are different. This is how he changed, this is why Caskett is special."

I VERY much hope this is where they are going. ::just scratched something out here because I couldn't remember if it was Pandora or a sneak peeks conversation:: Oh dear. I feel like my mind is going bad with age :/ Anyway, if they go there, then this two parter will likely be one of my faves this season.

Right, I forgot about Agent Shaw. I haven't seen those eps in a while and if I do... I usually skip to the good parts... lol
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4.15 PANDORA - discussion   4.15 PANDORA - discussion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:24 am

After rewatching Pandora I have a theory...Blakely isn't dead. You hear the shot & see him go down, but you don't see him dead. The whole driving to the pier, him jumping out the car - it seemed pretty contrived as a plot point...unless it actually WAS contrived. I mean the man did fake his death once. What if he's IN on Pandora, and the set up was so they'd stop looking for him. I'm not sure about that part, but I do strongly suspect Blakely is alive...

Monday 10pm needs to hurry the heck up! bounce

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4.15 PANDORA - discussion   4.15 PANDORA - discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4.15 PANDORA - discussion
Page 1 of 1