Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle's Old Haunt

A fan forum for all things about the TV show Castle!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finale Speculation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

Finale Speculation Empty
PostSubject: Finale Speculation   Finale Speculation Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:39 am

What if we are wrong about the fallout from the second secret. What if she isn't as upset as we are being led to believe. What if when she finds out she does not lash out at Castle, and instead she tells him that she understands why he did it. She will tell him that she does not like that he kept this secret from her, but she knows why he did it and because of that she can not be upset with him. She also tells him that what she wants most for them is to start trusting and to confide in each other. She reminds him that what matters to her now is their possible future together even if it means her letting go of her mother's murderer.

To me this would be a great way for Beckett to prove how much she really loves Castle . Castle will be shocked by her revelation. She loves him that much that she is willing to sacrifice what has been the driving force in her life.

Castle, however, will also surprise her when he tells her that she does not have to let go of her mother's murder to be with him. They are partners and something more. They will solve it together for their share future happiness.

This way if something unfortunate does happen for a cliff hanger, we will know that they are going forward together
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

Finale Speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finale Speculation   Finale Speculation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Well, frankly, I don't think Beckett needs to PROVE she loves Castle, so that would be my first issue. Secondly, I think if she didn't have some kind of anger she wouldn't be Beckett. However, I think the anger will be more about lack of trust and Castle's sheer stupidity in digging into her mom's murder and putting HIMSELF at risk. I think there will be a bit of foreshadowing in the upcoming episode with Slaughter. (Love that name!) If Castle needs to SEE that Beckett loves him (which is different than PROVE) I think her concern and upset over him putting his own life in danger would bring that out. However, the idea of her going, "It's okay Dear, I understand" would IMO be a total cop-out and very OCC.

The other thing is Beckett has already been working with letting go of her mom's murder, or at least not making it a priority over having a relationship. When presented with the information from Rick that they would kill her if she kept digging it's possible she will BE in a place where letting go will feel doable. However, I think because of Rick's digging and the things coming up on the case they are on it may be too late to avoid that trigger.

Wouldn't it be ironic that Castle WITHHOLDING the information is what causes the problem. IE, had Kate known about the deal to keep her alive she might have steered AWAY from the stuff on this case that brought up her mom's murder or handed it off to someone else, telling Gates because it could potentially be about her Mother she should be off of it (thereby going full circle from the top of the season when Gates told her she would never let an officer investigate their own shooting.) In fact, what if Katye does just that, WITHOUT, knowing about the deal but because of her own therapy work? Then Castle would feel safe in telling her, but also have the whole issue of trust brought up, plus that of his own safety.
Back to top Go down
https://castlesoldhaunt.forumotion.com
dstorm
Uniform Cop
Uniform Cop
dstorm

Finale Speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finale Speculation   Finale Speculation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:26 pm

You are right that Beckett doesn't need to prove anything to Castle, but I believe that given the state Castle is at the moment he would doubt her sincerity.

What I see happening is that when these two have it out, Beckett tells him she loves him so much that she is willing to let go of the justice for her mother. She is putting them first above anything else. Such declaration would in Castle's mind leave no doubt of her love for him.... This is what I mean of when I say "prove".

I also do think she will be upset with him, but like you said it will be for him putting his life in danger for something which she now is willing to leave behind. The secret itself and what he has been investigating to her are not a big deal. What is a big deal for her is his willingness to risk his life and family's safety for her. That will be the source of her anger towards him, but this anger will not cause them to separate.
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

Finale Speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finale Speculation   Finale Speculation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:46 pm

OH! happy See, I absolutely have never thought they WOULDN'T be together - at least emotionally - by the end of the season. Not unless Marlowe goes all Hart Hanson on us and does the nonsense Hart did in season five. Rolling Eyes If they are separated it will be an outside circumstance that causes it, not their feelings for each other being in question. So, to that end, I look more to the honesty and authenticity in the argument to lead to that. I think a big issue is that Castle's belief that Beckett doesn't love him is HIS projection. I think HE needs to realize that on his own, as in, take a reality check on her actions outside of this lie, and hear her reasoning. I think it's an issue to be resolved separately, and not tied into his secret. She loves him should be a given, and THEN having to deal with his secret. I just think keeping them separate is better for the relationship as a whole.
Back to top Go down
https://castlesoldhaunt.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Finale Speculation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finale Speculation   Finale Speculation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finale Speculation
Page 1 of 1