Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Welcome to Castle's Old Haunt!
Castle's Old Haunt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle's Old Haunt

A fan forum for all things about the TV show Castle!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion Empty
PostSubject: 4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion   4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:35 am

OH MY GOD, I'M SURE FOLKs HAVE TONS TO SAY! I'll just start with absolutely brilliant job of tying the season together and what a build from season 1 'till now! Just BRILLIANT!

ALSO - The END of the friggin MOONLIGHTING CURSE!

happy happy happy
Back to top Go down
https://castlesoldhaunt.forumotion.com
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion   4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:38 am

happy DEATH TO THE MOONLIGHTING CURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy

That episode was intense and so amazing!

Marlowe has made me a believer that TV can be a place to find some GOOD story telling and I just can't wait to see where next season takes us!

And I just got a kick out of twitter. Was anyone else screaming for Alexis to shut up? Usually I'm the only one but tonight... there were a ton Very Happy ::is amused::

But anyway that is awesome and if clips do not show up on youtube ASAP I'm booking a super sonic jet to the west coast. Right now.
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion   4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 1:14 am

Alexis's story framed the action. She was the "theme" vocalizing the angst. It was a cute story device to me, and gave alittle breathing room. Wink
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion   4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 1:14 am

Yes, I got she was vocalizing the theme but it didn't stop me from wanting her to shut up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion   4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:09 am

happy
What can I say, it worked for me. Especially her voice-over with Beckett on the swings. It would have been weird to hear Beckett's actual thoughts because that's not how we really see her process, but what Alexis was saying just absolutely fit and between the song choice and her words the whole thing was just really beautiful and poetic to me. A perfect lead-in to Beckett's one word answer to Castle when he asks what does she want. "YOU."
excited romantic love
Back to top Go down
fairytales
Little Castle
fairytales

PostSubject: Re: 4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion   4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 1:19 pm

No, definitely didn't need to hear Beckett's thoughts. The phone conversation was when I was really telling her to shut up. It was getting close to 11pm and I was like I want more than one minute!!!!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Beckstle
Admin
Beckstle

PostSubject: Re: 4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion   4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:49 pm

happy
Okay, that more sense to me! I too wanted them off the
phone quickly. BUT, I was glad to establish that Alexis wasn't THERE, and would NOT BE HOME. VERY IMPORTANT! So, in that sense I was glad. Very Happy. Also, the contrast between putting on a bright voice for his daughter and his reaction to Beckett's phone call made a REALLY sharp contrast that brought out how angry and hurt he really was. Like, he was NOT over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion   4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4.23 "ALWAYS" - SEASON 4 FINALE - discussion
Page 1 of 1